Build a Positive Online Image with the Right SEO Techniques
If you desire to establish a good online marketing campaign for your company or for your content, then strengthening your online presence is a big must.
However, it may not be as simple as that. You have to make sure that the content that will appear in the search results pages are properly filtered to show factual, credible, and positive information about your company. This means that generating good search engine optimization (SEO) results will also require effective online reputation management.
What is Online Reputation Management?
This simply refers to the management of the results that appear in different search engines pertaining to your brand or your content. It aims to influence the perception of the public about your products and/or services to create a positive online image.
Effective management online business reputation requires time, expertise, and resources. Some of the things that need to be done in this area of online marketing are:
- Your reputation is not formed overnight. It is built over time as you prove the worth and relevance of your company and your products and services to your customers. As you build your online reputation, you have to make sure that you have accurate and positive information circulation about you.
You also have to be consistent in the messages and images that you associate with your brand. Your target customers should identify you and your products and services with the values that you stand for. These will have to distinguish you from your competitors.
Also, make your presence felt in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many more. Create links to your site, complete your profile, and actively connect with your social circles.
- Expand/Update. To continuously improve your reputation level, you may do the following:
- Keep on producing high-quality content for your website. For instance, you may talk about the achievements or improvements that your company has done so far to satisfy customers’ needs.
Also, remember that search engines also want websites with more engaging layouts and more interesting content.
- It is also worth investing in having regular press releases done to expose your brand to broader markets and to establish your credibility.
- Have relevant authoritative or credible sites and even social media platforms refer to your websites. Aside from your content, having a vote of confidence from other websites will also influence your rank in search engine results.
- Check that all your strategies for managing your company reputation online are working as planned. It will be vital to evaluate whether your efforts to improve your ranking in search engine results are actually working. There are free tools such as Google Alerts which allow you to see the results that users see when they browse for a particular topic or keywords.
- If your brand name or company appears at the top of the list of websites in the search results today, it doesn’t mean that it will remain that way. Just like you, your competitors are also carrying out their tactics to get to the top of search engine results. Their own brand or keywords may just outperform yours.
The Importance of Managing Your Online Reputation
In the digital world, it is hard to control what users post online. There are even times when people with face or anonymous identities deliberately spread inappropriate or fraudulent information about you. The worst thing that can happen is that this unwanted information could be displayed where most of your target market could see them.
If you can’t completely take down unwanted material from third-party and anonymous websites, the best thing you can do is to keep them away from search results pages by coming up with your own high-quality and credible material. This way, you effectively drown out the bad publicity and prevent it from adversely impacting your brand.
Managing Negative but Factual Information
There could be times when something bad about your brand leaks out and you cannot deny it because it is true. You will be in even deeper trouble if you lie through your teeth and deny the facts. Sweeping it under the rug would also put you in a pile of “dirt” eventually. Even if sounds like a desperate situation, there is actually a way for you to handle it and turn it to your advantage.
Acknowledge that there is something wrong and express your willingness to take responsibility for it and resolve it. Be sincere and genuine in your concern towards its effects on your customers. In the process, you will be boosting your online reputation as well.
Incorporating SEO Tactics to Establish Positive Online Reputation
Aside from the SEO techniques that are already mentioned previously, here are other things that you can do to keep a positive online reputation:
- Bid on generic and branded keywords. This will establish your presence on top of the results pages whenever a particular topic or keywords are searched for. Make sure that you also have effective meta-tags and meta-descriptions.
- Have a diversified link profile. You should direct your efforts based on how search engine algorithms work. Search engines such as Google rank websites not just according to how many websites link to them. It also checks the relevance of your content to the website that is referring to you and how credible the website that is mentioning you is.
- Maintain positive relationship with customers or clients. If you provide means for them to give you feedback about your products and services, then you will most likely know how you can do better. If your clients share positive reviews about your brand, it will really help to build your reputation positively.
Aside from incorporating SEO techniques, you can also submit legal take-down requests against websites that are spreading defamatory information whenever possible, or contact websites to correct false material.
Maximizing SEO through Digital Targeting
If you are in the business providing services and/or products, the main goal of SEO is not just maintaining a positive online reputation, but also driving people to actually make a purchase or subscription.
In other words, it is not just important to make your brand visible in the search results but it is more important to reach the right people – those who are more likely to purchase your product based on their demographic profile, interests, browsing history, online purchases, etc.
In that sense, you may also utilize digital targeting. There are many platforms that can connect you with your target audiences such as Facebook and Instagram. They do not only show advertisements based on keyword searches but they also utilize personal information of social media users such as their age, gender, location, and some psychographic data which may be available.
In the end, a successful online campaign for your brand or company requires long-term efforts to maintain a good online reputation and maximize your visibility to your target audiences. Search engine optimization is only part of the equation. You should also be able to incorporate other techniques in the strategy to address product and service delivery and customer engagement among others.